Saturday, June 30, 2012

Holding Hands

Psalms 73:23-24 (New Life Version)

Yet I am always with You. You hold me by my right hand. You will lead me by telling me what I should do. And after that, You will bring me into shining-greatness.

I remember being a little kid, always getting into things and wanting to go places. I know that for my parents, taking me anywhere as a child must have been quite the challenge with the energy and curiosity I had. I remember going places with my parents as a child, and because of my impulsive, child-like nature, they would always hold my hand to guide me where to go. At that time, I never understood why my hand had to be held, but I trusted them all the same because they were my parents, and I did understand that they were far wiser than I. They would just patiently hold my hand despite my annoying anticipation until we reached our destination. Without them holding my hand, I'm sure I would've gotten lost on several occasions or hurt myself in the midst of my mischief. It's very much like that with us and God too. We go throughout this life with an impulsive, child-like mind. We want what we want when we want it and don't think twice about trying to get it. Often we don't consider the path ahead, but rather live to satisfy the temporary pleasure we desire. However, God knows what we need and He divinely designed the path ahead. He's always there to guide us to the place we need to be, and He will never leave our side. His hand is outstretched for us to take it and to be guided by Him. But we have to take that first step of reaching out to hold the open hands of our heavenly father and embrace His loving guidance.

Open up to God in prayer about where you feel you are going in your life and the desires of your heart. If you feel God leading you, reach out and take His hand so that you may submit to His guidance over you life. Rest for a moment in awe that your heavenly Father is guiding you all the way to bring you to the greatness He has planned for you.

I pray that this will guide you throughout today to be the incredible person that God divinely designed you to be. I hope everyone has an amazing day!

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment