Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rock of Refuge

Psalms 62:5-8

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

Read over these verses one or two more times. Allow this message to really soak into your heart. So often we go through this life weary and burdened by the day to day pressures we face in this world, and the storms of this life can shake us near to the point of breaking. All of these stresses become too heavy of a load to carry on our own, and many times we find ourselves burned out from what we've endured in our lives. But here in God's word we find hope beyond what weighs us down and beyond what breaks us. Through His word, God reveals to us that we can find rest for our souls in Him, as well as security in His unshakable power. Our souls that have carried such heavy burdens can finally rest in the strong arms of the Lord. And our shifting lives and circumstances will no longer shake us because our God is our unshakable rock and refuge. When we trust God and pour out our hearts to Him, we find ourselves empowered with an incredible strength that can move mountains because we are strengthened by the God who created them.

Open up to God about what's weighing you down and shaking you up in your life. Talk to Him about how those things are affecting you, and how your handling it. If you feel God leading you, pour out your heart to Him and put your trust in Him. Once you do, you'll find yourself secure, empowered and revived by your new life in God.

I pray that this empowers you greatly throughout your day with strength and security in Christ. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment