Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Rock and Fortress

Psalms 71:2-3 (ESV)

In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me;
incline your ear to me, and save me!
Be to me a rock of refuge,
to which I may continually come;
you have given the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.


In the constant chaos that is life, we so often seek to be rescued from our storms. As we are torn apart by the things we are thrown in life, we cry out to anything and everything that could give us refuge, even if only momentary. We struggle against the raging waves in our souls for so long that we began to continually, deeply crave for solid, safe ground to stand on and find sustaining refuge in. These storms are daily struggles each of us battle in different ways. While our storms may vary in type and intensity, we all share one common thing in the midst of our chaos: the need for a secure refuge. We seek refuge in so many unstable things in this world, and we become blind to the sweet truth that God is the only true refuge, the only one who can pull us from our storms and root us in His solid foundation. No matter how chaotic and crazy our storms and struggles may seem, none are too big for our God to calm. His loving hand is outstretched towards you; you only have to reach out and embrace His saving grace that will ultimately be your refuge. Once we come to trust in the Rock that is our Lord, we will not be shaken, but rather grounded in the all sustaining power and love of Christ.

Bring to God any storms you are struggling against in your life, and open up to Him about the damage that has been done to your heart. If you feel God leading you, invite Him into your heart to calm the storms, to be your refuge and your healer. Rest in the the sweet security the Lord our God provides in His loving embrace, and take confidence in that he is the unshakable Rock of Refuge.

I pray that this would bring peace to your heart today, and that you would find a sustaining joy in this message. I hope your all have a wonderful day :)

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment