Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Control

Jeremiah 32:17

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

I remember when I was a little girl what an independent and bold child I was. I went through most of my childhood days with an attitude of "I can do this all by myself". I liked feeling like I was in control of what I was doing, especially at the young age of 3 or 4 when I was just beginning to take hold of my new abilities. Even when my parents were there to guide me and take care of the things that were too big for me to handle, I still fought to do it all by self because, as a child, I cherished that feeling of being "all grown up". As strange as it may sound, many of us, including myself, still battle with that same problem I encountered as a child. We go throughout our lives wanting desperately to control the environment around us, to have things go the way we want them to go. We fight daily to control our circumstances and to reach that level of perfection we all crave in our lives. And even when someone steps in and offers to take care of something we can't handle, we still stubbornly hold on to whatever control we think we may have. Why? Because just like me when I was an independent little girl, we love and desire that feeling of being in control of our lives. The only problem with that strong desire within us to have control is that we were never meant to be in control of our lives. God is. The God who crafted the universe with the very hands that bled for us on the cross. The God who fearfully and wonderfully designed us all. And the God who created the purpose in our lives. The God who has had control since the very beginning is the One who is meant to be in control of our lives. But just like a stubborn child, we fight to control our lives the way we think they should be controlled instead of giving it to the One who was meant to be in control. Nothing is too hard for Him to handle, not even the biggest battle in our lives that we struggle to control. He is here. And He will never leave us. His powerful arm that created the heavens is outstretched, waiting for us to take it. We just have to step out and take the hand of our Saviour, and surrender all to Him.

Talk to God about what you're battling to control in your life and how it's affecting you. Open up to Him as if you were opening up to your closest friend about your biggest problem in your life. If you feel God leading you in this moment, surrender all control of your life to Him. Give your heavenly Father all your problems that are too big for you to handle, because nothing is too hard for God to handle.

I pray that this word would give you peace in knowing that nothing is too big for our God to handle. I hope you all have a great day!

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment