Sunday, July 8, 2012

No Fear

Psalms 27:1-3

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?


When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.


Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.


Fear. It's a powerful force in our lives that grips us and hold us back from accomplishing anything. It belittles us and drains us of the potential we were destined to yield in our lives. We were all born with a light that was designed to guide us through our lives, a light that we were meant to follow so that we would not captured by the fear of the darkness. But everyone falls prey to fear, some more than others. However, when we do, we don't have to remain prisoner to that fear. The key to unlock our chains is right in front of us in the scarred hands of Christ. We just have to reach out and allow Him to unlock our chains and free us from the grip of fear. Once we do, we are no longer held by fear but guarded in the stronghold of Christ. With Christ on our side, nothing on Earth could ever separate us from Him, not even our most powerful oppressors. With this ultimate protection and security, we are empowered with a bold confidence given to us by our all-powerful savior. And He will always hold you tightly within the perfect safety of His love that is unbreakable and unchangeable.

Talk to God about what you are really afraid of in your life, what grips you so strongly in fear. Talk to Him about what you think caused that fear, and how it's affecting your life. If you feel God leading you, hand over all your fears to Him and embrace that freedom that is in Christ. Ask Him to guard your heart for all of your life and to guide you away from the powerful fear that so threatens us all.

I pray that your new confidence in Christ will empower you throughout today, and ease whatever fears that may be in your heart. I hope everyone has a fantastic day! :)

Madelynn

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am a new "blogger" I suppose. My name is Matthew Manifesto (also my google+ name). I found you by searching for blogs in my area and I was just going to stop by and say "Hallo" because I can. Feel free to stop at my own blog which will be an account of whatever I want to get off my chest and/or talk about. Enjoy. realteen919.blogspot.com/
    M.M.

    -P.S. Try personal examples (let's the reader feel closer to the writer, but that is just me)

    ReplyDelete