Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Burned Out


Matthew 11:28-30
 
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.
 
 
Think about a time when you've felt completely exhausted- physically, spiritually, or emotionally. Now think about how you felt once you we rested and rejuvinated. That's what Christ does for us in our lives too. When we are burdened and burned out, he is the only one who can truly handle the mess of our burdens and lift that weight off our shoulders. And Jesus isn't a temporary fix like nap- he is always there, never changing and unshakeable.
 
Enter into a time of prayer with God. Talk to him about your burdens, and your desire for rest and peace. And if you feel God leading you to do it, ask him to come into your heart, take off your burdens and give you the rest you need. Ask him to come into your life and guide you to live in the rhythms of grace so that you may live in his peace.

I pray that this will lift your burdens and give you rest and peace in Christ today. I hope everyone has a great day! :) 

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment