Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Beautiful Mess

Psalms 139: 1-6


You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.


Think about how you would react if someone searched through all your thoughts, your plans, your past and your fears. I know I certainly wouldn't want anyone looking that deep into my life, because beneath the surface, I'm pretty messed up. As much as I want to hide whatever ugliness there may be inside of me, it says it here that there's one person I can never hide from- God. The incredible thing about God is, though, that He still loves us despite the mess we are, and He has still set out an amazing purpose for our lives. And knowing that God will always love me despite my messes and that He will always have a purpose for my life gives me such an indescribable peace.

Talk to God about whatever messes you may have inside that you've been hiding from Him. Open up to Him whatever deep parts of your life you keep tucked away, and be honest with Him about what you're going through. If you feel God leading you, embrace His unconditional love in this moment and His plan that he has set out for your life. Ask Him to guide you to live everyday in this embrace and to stay on the path of His purpose. Thank Him for creating you into the amazing person that you are today, because you are truly a wonderful creation of God's.

I pray that this gives you peace and purpose throughout today! Have an awesome day, and please leave comments if you get the chance :)

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment